Southern Tablelands Arts are working with Create NSW and the NSW Government to inject 130k in funding directly into the creative communities of our six contributing councils through the Rescue and Restart package.
The funding is a quick turnaround stimulus funding from the NSW Government that has seen each regional arts development organisation across the state receive 130k in funding to simulate arts activity in regional NSW.
STA is delivering a range of innovative projects designed to produce ongoing benefit once the initial funds are expended.
- CreativeSouth Culture Map – An interactive website developed in partnership with South East Arts (SEA) to provide a lasting cultural tourism experience resource for residences and visitors.
- STA Top Spots – A micro grant of $1000, $2000 or $3000 available to creative practitioners and community organisations to host cultural events in small halls and community venues in 2021. The Top Spots will deliver multiple events (at least 2 in every LGA) for the reconnection of performers, musicians and local communities.
- STA Micro Grants – A micro grant of $1000, $2000 or $3000 available to creative practitioners and community organisations to undertake cultural projects in 2021. STA Micro grants are a simple and efficient way to support practitioners and community groups funding a wide range of projects.
- STA Kids commission – new Artist led content for the STA Kids site. Will include online activities to add to the already impressive list of options. STA Kids is a new online portal providing rich content and activities for children and families. Expressions of Interest will open soon.
- STA Paparazzi – Establishment of a team of community-based photographers to attend arts and cultural events as photographers and STA ambassadors (two from each region). Includes a free training weekend with a professional photographer, a professionally presented exhibition of photographic work and ongoing support. Resulting imagery will be shared by STA online as well as with to councils and community groups.
- STA Makers Commissions – Commissions for local Artists to produce designs for the Give-A-Little-Get-A-Little Merch Store. STA commissions will also engage artisans to create handmade works for use at meetings and events such as functional tableware and bannersThe fundingCreative
This program is proudly funded by the NSW Government through Arts Restart.