Currently, the hall is used by the local community craft and tai chi groups, and the local public-school students for assemblies and plays. Landcare and local theatrical and musical groups have also used the hall for seminars and performances. Seasonal local markets are also held there.
The Hall is a solid brick building of sound structure which had fallen into disuse over the past 20 years but had been the centre of the town’s activities up until the 1970s. Flooring of tallow wood has been re-installed and the stage reconstructed. Sound acoustics are very good in the hall. Mobility access has been upgraded and there is now on-site parking and mobility path to the hall situated at the rear of the building.
The Dalton Public Hall Reserve Land Manager has overseen the restoration and preservation of the Dalton Public Hall which was built in 1923. Over the past 5 years the hall has had the electrical system rewired, the roof and broken windows repaired, has been painted inside and out and had a new toilet amenity and kitchen installed.
The Hall is available for hire to community groups and the general public.
Facilities include: small kitchen with food serving capability, cutlery and crockery for 100 place settings; tables and seating for 100 persons; stage with dressing room; on-site mobility parking; good access for equipment unloads.
For hiring details please email email@example.com or contact the Secretary on 0421900015.
About our town
Dalton town has a population of approximately 150 people and was established in the early 1850s, situated in the fine merino wool growing area. The community is mostly rural farming families, and other locals commute daily to work in the surrounding areas. Dalton has three main businesses: a garage/petrol station, a pub and a post office. There is also a public school. Dalton is located in the Upper Lachlan Shire, 11 kilometres from Gunning, 40km to Yass and is approximately 80km from Canberra.