Potato Printing with Bandicute
Potato & vegetable printing with Ellen and Jess from Bandicute
Ellen and Jess create hand printed garments and works on paper from their studio in Gunning NSW
Join them to create prints using veggies from your kitchen on paper and even fabric.
Tip: watch the video before you gather your materials and tools together to get inspired
- Potatoes – from your local grocer or even from your own garden. Potatoes can be cut into different shapes and used as stamps in printing.
- Other veggies – experiment with any veggies you have at home. What shapes can you make?
- Paper – for printing onto
- Paint – Any water based paints in your favourite colours.
- Get an adult to cut your veggies into different shapes with a knife
- Newspaper or a drop cloth to make sure you don’t leave any marks on tables or other furniture
- Paper plates – for rolling out your paints
- Roller or paint brush
- Markers – to add in details
- Cookie cutters in different shapes
About Ellen and Jess and Bandicute Designs
“We are Ellen and Jess, Mother and daughter, printmakers, designers, seamstresses, artists and entrepreneurs! We love to bring our creativity to life on baby and children’s clothing! The clothing you will find in our range is 100% unique to our brand, designed from scratch using our own hands, hearts and ideas. We value ethically made, sustainable, one of a kind, comfortable and above all, made to the highest quality.”