Lambing Flat Fellowship of Australian Writers
The Lambing Flat Regional branch of the Fellowship of Australian Writers NSW Inc
A community-based group established in the Young district since 1982. Our aim is to encourage aspiring authors to develop and expand their writing experience. Our member writers cross all genres and all age groups. At our monthly meetings we gather to discuss our work and learn from each other how to improve our skills. Most of our members just write for personal enjoyment but several have published works.
Apart from our yearly writing competition, we hold at least one writing workshop each year open to the public. These are immensely popular—to the point of us having to sometimes run extra sessions to meet the demand.
By joining our group, you will:
- Mix with like-minded people, who are writers
- Be given the opportunity to have your work critiqued by your peers
- Partake in writing exercises
- Have access to the workshops we host
- Receive advice on publishing your work
- Take part in the administration of a writing competition
- Be part of the wider Fellowship of Australian Writers and receive a quarterly magazine
The Lambing Flat branch of the FAW usually meets at the Young Services Club in Cloete Street, Young, from 5.30 PM to 7.00 PM on the second Monday of each month; except for December, when we meet for a Christmas function, and January, when we take a break. Any enquiries concerning the branch can be made to Peter on 0413 827 217. Or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.