Hilltops Arts Incorporated (HARTS) is currently has a position open for the role of Cinema & Complex Manager at Southern Cross Cinema Young. We are a community arts organisation, and our goal is to facilitate a multi-functional, stimulating, vibrant and viable community arts centre at our location within Southern Cross Complex in Young. Southern Cross Cinema is Hilltops Arts’ flagship initiative, a community cinema staffed primarily by volunteers (with a few exceptions). While the cinema is often the primary focus of the Cinema & Complex Manager, it is by no means their only concern, as the building is often hired for performances, rehearsals, workshops, and exhibitions. In partnership with other community arts groups, it is the Complex & Cinema Manager’s duty to facilitate the use of Southern Cross Complex for artistic and cultural purposes.
Responsible to the Hilltops Arts (HARTS) Committee for the efficient, effective, safe, and sustainable functioning of the following components of HARTS projects:
- Creation of cinema programmes, bookings, and screenings
- Management of Southern Cross Complex (SCC)
Duties include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Creation of cinema programme & liaison with film distributors for the purpose of booking.
- Organisation of volunteer teams and rosters.
- Liaison with sponsors and advertisers.
- Timely completion and distribution of movie programmes incl., movie ordering, flyer prep and printing, movie loading and screening.
- Recruiting, training, supervision and coaching of volunteers and staff for the effective and safe functioning of the cinema.
- Cost-effective coordination of movie fundraiser events both internal and external.
- Ensuring maintenance for the optimum functioning of all cinema assets and equipment, i.e., sound, screen, lighting, and heating/cooling.
- Financial control including cost-effective stock control, cash control, monthly financial reporting to the HARTS committee.
- Ensuring the upkeep of the premises to a level compliant with all applicable standards of OH&S.
- Liaising and supporting Arts practitioners in utilising the premises for a variety of purposes, e.g., drama, music, dance, fine arts workshops, and performances.
- Conception and execution of a variety of artistic and cultural projects, including the application to public bodies for the purpose of securing grants.
- Ensuring the financial viability/sustainability of the various Arts projects and programmes
- Management and effective application of all aspects of OH&S policy, both within the SCC Complex and any external programmes authorised under the HARTS “banner”.
- Submission of monthly reports to the HARTS committee including screening attendance, financial projections, and outcomes.
- Assist HARTS committee in conception and execution of strategic planning.
- Execution of all reasonable requests made by the HARTS committee as communicated through the President, i.e., obtaining quotes from trades people.
- Current Police & Working With Children (WWC) checks
- Current First Aid Certificate
- RSA & Food-handling Certificates
- Sound written and oral communication skills,
- Technologically savvy, including sound, lighting, movie screening equipment and IT skills, e.g., Social Media, MS Office, Xero.
- Marketing and Advertising ability, including basic graphic design and social media marketing.
- High level of leadership and organisational ability, including emotional intelligence, clarity of thinking.
- Flexible of time and mind.
- Strategic thinker and implementer
- Management and facilitation ability
- Excellent people skills, including high level of and emotional intelligence and ability to:
- Recruit, train, coach and supervise staff and volunteers;
- Deal with people of all walks of life;
- Work constructively and co-operatively with teams; and
- Resolve conflict.
- Passionate about the Arts, especially Community Arts.
- “Can do” but realistic approach.
- Respectful of all people.
- Progressive & creative of mind.
To make an enquiry about this role or to submit your CV and cover letter please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline March 18, 2021.