DUE TO THE ONGOING UPHEAVAL OF THE FIRES THROUGHOUT OUR STATE OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS WE HAVE EXTENDED THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS IMPORTANT POSITION.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSE 4PM WEDNESDAY 29 JANUARY 2020
After 5 years Susan Conroy is leaving Southern Tablelands Arts to move north and to try out semi-retirement. We understand that she is planning lots of beach time and we know you will join us in wishing her well.
Southern Tablelands Arts (STA) is a peak arts organisation that has been operating for 23 years supporting the arts sector and wider community in the development and delivery of arts and cultural development programs across seven (7) Local Government Areas.
Based in Goulburn NSW and reporting to a Board of Directors, STA is seeking to employ a dynamic and suitably qualified Executive Director on a permanent basis to lead and continue the transformation of the organisation through its next chapter of growth, with a focus on harnessing the collective strength of a small team of employees to drive outcomes for communities and creatives.
The successful candidate is expected to lead and manage services essential to support the delivery of quality arts and cultural development programs to the local and wider community. The ideal candidate will be a strong, visionary leader and excellent communicator with demonstrated experience developing and executing management and planning initiatives. You will provide strategic financial advice, planning and operational support for both day-to-day functions and long-term sustainability. This multi-faceted role requires a hands-on leader with a critical mind, drive, an understanding of the business from a financial perspective and the ability to work collaboratively to achieve outlined expectations.
- Demonstrated understanding of arts and cultural development and the capacity to plan and implement arts/cultural strategies in a regional and rural environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of the Executive Officer to a Board of Management and of managing small team in a not-for-profit arts, cultural or similar organisation.
- Excellent skills in the preparation of submissions and reports, including a broad knowledge of funding sources, with examples of success in applying for funding.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and management of budgets and financial statements.
- Demonstrated project and event management skills.
- Excellent skills in negotiation and facilitation of arts and cultural activities
- Proven ability to establish and/or maintain strategic partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders including government (Local & State), community organisations, arts/cultural organisations and individuals.
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines, work flexible hours including weekends and evenings and travel around the region.
- A current driver’s licence
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or commensurate experience in the field and/or recognised achievement in one or more area of the arts.
- Knowledge of the Southern Tablelands Arts Region.
The successful applicant will provide a Working with Children and Police Background Check clearance.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
- Permanent position 35 hours per week
- Salary range $43.52 – $44.61 per hour based on skills and experience of the successful applicant
- Access to flexible working hours, Time in Lieu, Penalties and Leave Loading
- Access to a fully maintained company vehicle for business purposes
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing Learning and Development opportunities
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact Susan Brindle, Board President on 0407 221 743.
Applications must be made in writing, address all essential and desirable criteria and include a current Curriculum Vitae.
Please forward applications marked Confidential to:
Southern Tablelands Arts,
PO Box 1323,
GOULBURN NSW 2580.
Applications close 4pm Friday 10 January 2020
Position Description – STA Executive Director
Strategic Plan – Strat plan Final V 2 010615