- This event has passed.
Upper Lachlan Shire Cultural Funding Program
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, repeating until July 26, 2019
The Upper Lachlan Shire Council is pleased to announce the second round of the 2019/20 Cultural Funding Program. The aim of the Upper Lachlan Cultural Funding Program is to support new initiatives in the Upper Lachlan local government area through small grants which:
- Assist locally determined community cultural activities;
- Increase opportunities for Upper Lachlan based groups to access a diverse range of arts and/or cultural programs;
- Enable communities to explore and express their cultural identities;
- Bring social and economic benefits to the community through, training, employment and promotional opportunities; and
- Lead to greater awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity
Funding is to assist communities establish new initiatives. A limited number of small grants up to $500 are available primarily for wages/fees, travel, accommodation and materials. Some other costs associated with the project may be included but artist’s fees and expenses are the main focus of the program.
Projects must take place between 1st September 2019 and 30th June 2020.
Applications open Monday 1st July 2019. All applications must be postmarked on or before Friday 26th July 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Upper Lachlan Cultural Funding Program 2019/20 Application Form is available to download from the link below, at the Crookwell Visitor Information Centre and at Council’s offices at Gunning, Crookwell and Taralga from Monday 1st July 2019.
Any questions may be directed to the Upper Lachlan Shire Council Tourism Manager – Andrew Warren on 4832 1988.