- This event has passed.
Goulburn Mulwaree CBD Enhancement Community Consultations
February 13 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm UTC+10
An event every week that begins at 1:00pm on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, repeating until February 21, 2019
One event on February 13, 2019 at 1:00pm
One event on February 21, 2019 at 1:00pm
Next stage of CBD Enhancement Project
In the early months of 2018 Council ran a public consultation process on the CBD Masterplan that has been developed to guide future enhancement work in the CBD of Goulburn.
The submissions and feedback received throughout this consultation were reported back to Council in November 2018 for discussion and decision.
Council made a number of decisions which will be now be taken to future budgets for inclusion. Councillors also decided to consult the community regarding four key recommendations before making a final decision:
- Reducing the speed limit in Auburn Street between Clinton and Bradley Streets to 40km/h
- Close access to Market Street from Auburn Street, and create a public landscaped conversation and gathering area that is sympathetic to Belmore Park
- Removal of the concrete median strip in Auburn Street between Montague and Clifford Streets and introduce permanent planting and landscaping (note this would need to be discussed with RMS for their approval)
- Introduction of controlled access points to Belmore Park from the Market and Montague Street sides.
Drop-in sessions will be held on the 13th February 2019 and the 21st February. These will be held from 1pm-6pm at the Goulburn Community Centre (155 Auburn Street).
As well as our online platforms we will be accepting written submissions for this project. Whichever way you choose, please send your submission clearly indicated as ‘CBD Enhancement Consultation’ to the General Manager via the following methods:
– Email: [email protected]
– Post to Locked Bag 22, Goulburn NSW 2580
– Hand to Customer Service staff at the Civic Centre, Bourke Street, Goulburn